Sunday, June 26, 2011

A lovely weekend with relatives....

Tom and I had his parents stay with us towards the end of the week and on the weekend, they were up from Hobart and we really enjoyed having them, it was such a pleasure.


                                 We mingled amongst antiques at Leven Antiques.....


           Tom's dad loves old bookstores so we were in luck at Ulverstone.....


                        Tom and I love to record all our fav recipes in this folder I got him one Xmas, to the right of the book is an apron my mum made Tom that he loves, isn't the material so suiting to the kitchen!

                      I made carrot cake, the icing I have to admit is absolutely scrummy..............


                   These little "Lavender shoes" are leather and were a bargain they were $160 down to $50, I couldn't leave them there at that price........ (that's my excuse anyway!!)

                 and this other beauty is a bag my mother-in-law bought me from Cotton On as a thankyou for making her a crochet beannie to take back to Hobart for her cold walks she enjoys........

            Many a cuppa was had while we spent time chatting and eating.........

                
              I did also learn to knit which I will show you in my next Blog!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great week-end Kate. Love the shoes, who can't resist a bargain! MMM lucky you getting yet another bag! The cake looks delicious and I love the tea pot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful weekend Kate.
    Beautiful shoes.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just browsing through, love those shoes how lucky are you!! Nice to meet you. Ash, yorkshire Dales.
    P.S. I enjoy the crochet too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time, Kate! Love your lavender shoes!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great weekend with Tom's parent Kate, love your lavender shoes, very unusual colour, lovely present of your bag too.

    Love Eileen x

    ReplyDelete