Friday, February 25, 2011

a morning blog.......

I am looking forward to what the weekend brings, I am off to visit my nephew this morning and give him his little scarf with the truck patch sewn on it..........

             Scarf for my nephew with a little business card on top....

                                
Yesterday was a good bargain hunt at the oppies in Latrobe, mum and I headed off for a morning oppie hunt. Latrobe is a sweet little town where the store owners display their goodies out on stalls out the front of the shops, this is a sure fine way not to miss a bargain!!!

                              Here is the Art Nouveau book of posters I found at the oppie......

                                     All intact with posters inside...........

                                        Take a peek inside at some of the posters......

                            This pretty little picture now sits on my wall, waiting for the perfect frame.....

                                  A Harper's Bazaar poster.........

                                               
                                      This one reminds me of old time london, so retro........
                                            

                            This little beauty was found in the oppie book room at Latrobe...

                                           A perfect find for my love of colour......

As the book says, it explains the relationship of colour in the simplest form with blocks of colour placed beside each other that form relationships.

                                   here is one of the pages................

         The block of colour 2nd from the bottom on the right is the one I used to match the wool below.......
                             What do you think does it make a good striking match like the book says?????

 Now I am off to enjoy my morning cuppa......

Just look at the little mug that I got for my Bday, here is the website that sells them, check it out I am going to myself
http://www.typoshop.com.au/
              I also want to welcome a new follower "Val" from Val Spiers sews, welcome aboard Val
                                 
                                      See you in the next post :)      

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet scarf for your nephew. The little truck patch is such a cute touch. I like your bargains. What is the oppie? I have never heard of that term.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love that Aussie slang! The posters are great. I love that style. The scarf is an incredible colour and I think I have that plate but not the mug. The mug is cute. I like the little bird inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments ladies, Sena an "oppie" is short for opportunity shop here in Australia! they are the similar to your chairty shops I think, it's where we buy 2nd hand goods. I am not sure why we call them this! I'm just so used to saying it! the little blue scarf is cute isn't it, my little nephew loved it as he is soo into trucks and cars at the moment!
    Val the little plate is cute isn't it, I'm glad you noticed the little bird inside the cup, I love drinking the tea as it lowers the little bird peeks out!

    comments always appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete